Re: CVS Checkout and compile against M releases?

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 09:57:35 EDT

    Christian Mittendorf wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm searching for information on how to checkout the most current
    > version and compile it myself against a recent M release. I did a
    > checkout and created a build.properties with eclipse.home set to the
    > home of the M9 release.

    That should do the job (you are talking about building in the projects
    subdirectory, right?). But there seem to be a number of small buglets in
    the current CVS version.

    > But doing a compile results in a number of
    > errors? Any hint or advice what I'm doing wrong? How can I checkout the
    > version that is build against the current M releases?

    It would probably be best if you could wait a few days -- I have some
    uncommitted fixes in my sandbox that should fix those problems, but I
    want to wait until I have verified that my fixes actually work and don't
    create lots of other problems. Especially the launch support and the
    incremental builder are currently out of whack.

    There are also some issues that I want to discuss with Ulrich (who did
    lots of work restructuring WOLips for greater compatibility between the
    incremental and ant build processes) unfortunately he has been
    unreachable this week and I really need to work with him to resolve some
    of the issues (there are some things I don't understand properly and
    don't dare to touch).

    Harald