Re: Debug WOLips

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 06:58:50 EDT

    Sako! wrote:

    > Hello Ulrich,
    >
    > I already know this menu.
    >
    > I have experiences in Sun netbeans, Delphi, JBuilder, MS Studio, etc.
    >
    > All these tools have a possibility to debug step by step. For example in Sun
    > netbeans is F7 then u spring to the next code line.

    > I miss this beautiy in the debugging with Eclipse/WOLips.
    >
    > Does such debug accist?

    Sako!,

    Eclipse has a very nice debugger for Java and there is plenty of
    documenation how to use it -- either on eclipse.org or in the Eclipse Help.

    You have to start your program with the debugger, then switch to the
    debug perspective (Eclipse should do that automatically).

    Please refer to the Eclipse documentation how to do that -- but I assure
    you, the Eclipse debugger is at least as powerful as the ones included
    with Netbeans, Delphi, JBuilder or MS Studio.

    I found it rather simple to use it, knowing all those other tools --
    maybe your Eclipse installation is incomplete if you can't use the
    debugger (you should have installed the Eclipse SDK, not just the
    runtime, since the runtime does not include the JDT (Java Development
    Tooling).

    Harald