Re: Eclipse RC1 Compatibility

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 17:17:08 EDT

    Donna Yorukoglu wrote:

    > We're trying to use Eclipse RC1 Integration Build I2004060 with the
    > latest WOLips from CVS. Is there a patch for org.eclipse.ant.core_3.0.0
    > for this version? The version in CVS does not appear to work. I'm
    > getting a lot of hanging dialogs regarding waiting for the virtual
    > machine to exit, especially when trying to build certain projects. I'm
    > hoping it's a result of not patching this plugin yet.

    The Ant expert is not around currently, but I have seen similar
    behaviour an Eclipse M9. I am using the incremental builder for
    development builds and that has other problems currently.

    It's an uphill battle trying to keep up with the Eclipse APIs in this
    area (they used to be internal before, as far as I remember). What I saw
    looked like the Ant runner attempted to start an Ant process which
    either didn't finish or wasn't started in the first place. I imagine
    it's more serious than the old Ant patch (which was needed to fix a
    memory leak that only affected cases where Ant was run many times during
    an eclipse session).

    Can you maybe provide more detailed error logs or even try to debug
    what's happening in those cases?

    Harald