Re: Eclipse RC2 Compatibility/Classpath confusion

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 12:27:30 EDT

    Hi Harald,

    Am 17.06.2004 um 17:23 schrieb Harald Niesche:
    >> This is because the initial patternset "ant/classes.include.pattern"
    >> is
    >> *.class
    >> *.properties
    >> while it probably should be
    >> **/*.class
    >> *.properties
    >> I changed this in CVS.
    >
    > I am unsure whether the requirements for these patterns are the same
    > for the incremental build and the ant build (both use the same
    > patterns now). That's why I haven't changed anything there.

    Seems like they are. Apart from that, "*.class" *is* certainly wrong:)
    It would be nice if there was some public way to get/announce Eclipse 3
    changes...I didn't even *know* that someone (Ulrich?) has created
    support for the ant/ folder and copying of class files.

    >> The matcher is also cached, so you need to restart Eclipse if you
    >> make changes. The same probably holds for all the other pattern
    >> matchers.
    >
    > I have a patch for this in my workspace, I originally wanted to commit
    > these changes last weekend but didn't find the time.

    Fine. So I don't have to change this:)

    > I have a fix that makes NSBundle.bundleForClass() work fine, but it
    > includes removing your patch (I wrote to you about that). Also not
    > committed yet.

    I don't really care if my stuff stays in or not. What I want is for
    Hotswap to work predictably in combination with incremental builds.
    Heck, if it involves swinging a dead cat over my shoulder once in a
    while that's fine with me...

    >> Now, apart from that, WOLips seems to run in Eclipse RC2. What
    >> doesn't work (from what I've seen) is the "New Project Wizard", but
    >> I don't use it anyway so I can't really comment.
    >
    > I have another problem that only occurs after you start actually
    > changing files (just starting Eclipse and running a testapp doesn't
    > trigger it). The symptom is flickering CVS label decorations, the core
    > problem seems to be that two ChangeListeners inside WOLips trigger
    > each other, leading to some kind of infinite loop (it's not a tight
    > loop, you can still close the workbench). The only fix I have for that
    > is actually disabling the Listeners. I think we should migrate the
    > stuff these Listeners do into the build process (either a base class
    > for both Ant and Incremental builder or a third builder that does what
    > needs to be done and is registered regardless of the build style).

    Uh, whatever you say:) WOLips is getting way too large for my
    occasional dabblings...

    Cheers, Anjo