Re: CVS (and svn) stuff in build result (was: Re: WOProject and WOLips news #4)

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 03:47:41 EDT

    Anjo Krank wrote:

    >> First test results are looking good, but I still want to look at a few
    >> corner cases. (The fix is not in CVS, yet.) I think this problem is
    >> caused by resource inclusion patterns that match folders, not only
    >> files (as in the original design of the incremental builder).
    >

    > BTW: shouldn't the patterns **/CVS/* and **/.svn/* be included even when
    > the user doesn't specify them? Rationale is that I can't come up with an
    > idea why anyone would need RCS stuff in their built app...

    You're of course right, that's why we use the "isPrivateTeamMember()"
    method on IResource to find out whether a resource belongs to whatever
    version control system that is used.

    The reason this test and the patterns above haven't been helpful in the
    past is that some patterns in use match whole trees of folders (which
    are then just copied) and not only files. (At least that's what I
    suspect right now, I still have to step through the code in the debugger
    to make sure that's it.)

    I'm actually considering changing the incremental builder so that only
    files are matched in the resource-gathering phase -- it's a two phase
    process: phase one gathers all the files that should be copied to the
    build folder (detecting duplicates), phase two copies and deletes files
    and folders as required.

    Maybe a collection of patterns in use would be good: What are the
    patterns people use with the incremental builder? What are patterns
    commonly used for the Ant-build?

    Harald