WOProject and WOLips bad news -- no beta today (Re: WOProject and WOLips news #4)

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 15:28:06 EDT

    Bad news everyone,

    Ulrich wrote yesterday:
    "We start a public beta tomorrow evening (CEST) after fixing the
    incremental/cvs bug."

    Unfortunately, we still have a show stopper bug (the "WOLips Project
    Files Updates" background process sometimes seems to run amok and never
    stop running). Ulrich and I decided to try to fix this issue tomorrow
    before releasing a beta version.

    Also, another issue came up and we would like to hear your feedback on
    the subject:
    * The Incremental build always copies all resources matching the
    resources.include (but not the resources.exclude) patternset into the
    Resources folder, flattening everything into one folder (except for
    localized resources, which are all copied into their respective .lproj
    Folders).
    * The Ant build never flattens paths to anything except *.wo, *.eomodeld
    and *.strings (and maybe one or two other types of files I currently
    don't remember).

    Since we are going to switch to using the incremental builder as the
    default builder, we will have to resolve this problem before having a
    release candidate. Since we are unsure how this is handled in xcode we
    would like to hear about your current usage of the WebServerResources
    folder's content: Do you use resources in subfolders? Did you have to
    tweak the Ant build script to avoid having subfolders in the Resources
    or WebServerResources folder?

    Again, we apologize for the inconvenience!

    Harald