Re: WOProject and WOLips bad news -- no beta today (Re: WOProject and WOLips news #4)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 15:48:22 EDT

    > Unfortunately, we still have a show stopper bug (the "WOLips Project
    > Files Updates" background process sometimes seems to run amok and
    > never stop running). Ulrich and I decided to try to fix this issue
    > tomorrow before releasing a beta version.

    Not to worry! It is much more preferable to have a stable build with
    all the serious issues resolved.

    > * The Incremental build always copies all resources matching the
    > resources.include (but not the resources.exclude) patternset into the
    > Resources folder, flattening everything into one folder (except for
    > localized resources, which are all copied into their respective .lproj
    > Folders).
    > * The Ant build never flattens paths to anything except *.wo,
    > *.eomodeld and *.strings (and maybe one or two other types of files I
    > currently don't remember).

    My vote is to consistently avoid flattenning of anything except for WO
    standard stuff (*.wo, *.eomodeld, *.strings, like you mentioned). Why
    would you bother flattenning anything else anyway?

    I often have projects with thousands of images that I like to
    categorize, so using subfolders should always be an option (for both
    development or deployment). My WOComponents extensively use image path
    that includes the subfolder name, so I will be very upset if everything
    is flattened in deployment ;-)

    Andrus