Re: RFC "ant" folder name

From: David Teran (davidtera..ac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 10:24:59 EDT

    >>> http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=WOL-93
    >>>

    >> Good idea!
    >>
    >> I think the new name of this directory should be something without
    >> spaces.
    >
    > Please don't! Not only it's a pain to re-check all that stuff in, also
    > it's pretty easy to distinguish between "ant/*" and ant.*.

    Well, you are using a software which is not even 'beta', it comes often
    that things are changed in such a stage. The foldername 'ant' is simply
    misleading and renaming a folder with eclipse is not a pain. OK, one
    will loose the commit statements for these files but do you really need
    them for the small simple build patternsets? Based on your
    argumentation even the 'ant' folder was 'a pain', previously all these
    files were located in the root directory from every WOLips project und
    Ulrich changed this based on my suggestion. So you are already familiar
    with changing location / name of these files :-)

    'ant' is not a good name, if 'build_patternsets' is too long it can be
    changed to something else, but not 'ant'.

    regards, David