Re: [ANN] WOLips 1.1.0.70 beta 1

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 03:41:20 EDT

    Howdy All,

    Thanks for WOLips 1.1.0.70!

    I've a clean install of Eclipse 3.0.0

    I've just installed WOLips 1.1.0.70 beta 1.

    I tried to follow the install suggestions, but I think the menu options
    in Eclipse have change with respect to the install page (Software
    Updates > Find & Install ... or Software Updates > Manage
    Configuration)?

    Anyway, I used Software Updates > Find & Install ..., added a New Local
    Site, ie the location of the expanded WOLips 1.1.0.70 beta 1 folder,
    and then followed the wizard.

    I didn't install the Test or Profile components, and the workbench was
    restarted.

    I then made a simple WO Application and it compiled and ran fine - so
    far so good!

    Unfortunately, when I opened the Main component in WOBuilder it did not
    show the application or session objects. Yes, that old chestnut of a
    problem ...

    I have used Eclipse 2.1.3 before and made the required magical
    adjustments to framework etc, Perhaps I need to undo some of those
    changes?

    However, I believe I had set the changes back because I have been using
    Xcode whilst waiting for Eclipse 3.0 and everything worked fine
    there-in.

    I've checked /System/Library/Frameworks and there don't seem to be any
    symbolic links hanging around ...

    Any suggestions?

    Similarly, I added an EOModel and that seemed to work fine, it was
    created and added ok, and would open fine.

    However, Eclipse now says: Unbound classpath variable:
    'System/Library/Frameworks/JavaJDBCAdaptor.framework/Resources/Java/
    javajdbcadaptor.jar' in project TestWOLips

    I've check in the project Properties and it seems to know about this
    framework ...

    Any suggestions?

    Sorry for my lack of knowledge with respect to Eclipse and WOLips.

    Thanks again for all your work.

    Best regards,
    Ashley.

    PS Mac OS X 10.3.4 + Java 1.4.2 + WebObjects Latest Version 5.2.3?

    --
    Ashley Aitken
    Perth, Western Australia