Re: Why not WOGen? [Was: Eclipse 3.0 and EOGenerator

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 18:22:23 EDT

    Hi Pierre,

    On Jul 23, 2004, at 5:40 PM, Pierre Frisch wrote:
    > The last time I looked at WOGen it was a lot less flexible than
    > EOGenerator.

    > Can you parse the same template files?

    The same - no, but it is based on Velocity templates that are very
    flexible. Basically they are as flexible and dynamic as the API
    provided by Java objects that sit in the template "context" during
    parsing. "Context" objects usually limit what you can and can't access,
    otherwise Velocity scripting language is generic, powerful and rather
    well documented.

    BTW, if you have any specifics on what's missing, please open a feature
    request via JIRA. Ulrich, please assign any such issues to me.

    Andrus