SOLVED: Eclipse Help not working

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 20:37:30 EDT

    It's not specifically WOLips related but it may be a problem for others
    who use WebObjects/WOLips/Eclipse.

    If Eclipse Help will not start (cannot run application server ...).

    Try removing JARS from the /Library/Java/Extensions folder

    Particularly, I removed "log4j.jar" (which stopped the exception when
    trying to do logging) and "servlet.jar" (which stopped the Safari
    getting stuck trying to download the file index.jsp for the Help
    system).

    Not sure how they got there (the first was probably me playing around
    with Log4J, but the latter I am not sure of, I hope it is not part of
    Apple's Applications Server Developer package ...)

    Thank to Kaj for the pointer.

    All working now.

    Cheers,
    Ashley.