Re: EOPrototypes and WOLips? Partial fix

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 04:38:22 EDT

    It seems that EOPrototypes will work (for me) if the EOModels are in
    the top-level project folder only. If I place them in
    ProjectFolder/Library/AppServer then EOPrototypes don't seem to work.

    Is this expected? Are EOModels supposed to be in the top-level project
    folder only? I tried hard to place them in other folders so that
    Eclipse/WOLips would know about them (ie created the folders in
    Eclipse, added EOModels, then copied over).

    If not (ie EOModels DON'T need to be at the top-level of the project
    folder), how does one configure Eclipse/WOLips to work with them
    elsewhere?

    If so (ie EOModels DO need to be at the top-level of the project
    folder), are there any other "hard" constraints on project structure
    for WOLips?

    Am I right in guess that these include/exclude patterns are used to
    scan the entire project folder for resources, no matter where they are?
      Still trying to get my head around Eclipse.

    I tend to be overly organised in my project structure putting things in
    folders (sometimes just for the sake of it). Unfortunately, it often
    seems to cause more problems.

    Any help, hints, or pointers appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Ashley.

    On 26/07/2004, at 2:32 PM, Ashley Aitken wrote:

    > I guess EOPrototypes are supposed to work with WOLips.
    >
    > Given their temperamental history (with Project Builder etc) can
    > anyone suggest where I can look / tinker to fix my EOModel that is
    > ignoring the EOPrototypes EOModel in the same framework?
    >
    > I've restarted Eclipse, restarted EOModeler, opened the EOPrototypes
    > EOModel in Eclipse first, then the other EOModel. Still that EOModel
    > doesn't see its prototypes.
    >
    > All this worked in Xcode, so I guess it is something I did when
    > setting up the WOLips Eclipse WOframework project.
    >
    > Any pointers, ideas, suggestions, most appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ashley.
    >
    > --
    > Ashley Aitken