Re: Can't re-create project

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 15:30:59 EDT

    Denise Howard wrote:

    > So I quit Eclipse, deleted the QuickstartEclipse
    > folder from my workspace directory, and re-launched Eclipse. Repeating the
    > above steps, though, I get to the point where Eclipse insists "A project
    > with that name already exists in the workspace."

    You shouldn't do this behind Eclipse's back. You should delete it using
    the eclipse UI.

    > Where is it, then? How do
    > I get Eclipse to accept this name?

    The project is in the workspace metadata and you should be able to see
    it in the Resource perspective (as close project, I assume). Choose
    "delete" from the context menu on the closed project and it should go away.

    Harald