Waiting for virtual machine to exit...

From: Shelli D. Orton (shelli.orto..mode.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 12:00:14 EDT

    I have recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.0.0 and am using WOLips 1.1.0.71.
    When I try to compile an WO app project, the build seems to hang and the
    message "Waiting for virtual machine to exit..." is displayed. I found a
    post on this mailing list where someone was having the same problem and the
    posted workaround was:

    ----

    This issue is present in the final version of Eclipse 3. what I did to work around it was:

    1) Make sure the "Toggle WOBuild" button is NOT clicked. 2) I go to Run -> External Tools -> Run As -> Ant Build until it gives me the same message "Waiting for virtual machine to exit... " and I click Cancel 3) Click on Project -> Clean, select "Clean all projects" and "Start a build immediately" and click OK 4) I click on the Run button and it runs perfectly

    I am guessing this is a WOLips bug? At least the workaround lets me test my app. :)

    ----

    I've looked in Windows -> Preferences and Project -> Preferences and could not find a "Toggle WOBuild" button. Where does this button exist? Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?

    Thanks for any help.

    Shelli