What flexible and what's not?

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 12:49:23 EDT

    Howdy WOLips/WOProject developers,

    As a new WOLips/Eclipse user it would be helpful if I could know what
    can and what cannot be changed (ie names and locations) relatively
    easily in a WOLips/WOProject project, and what must be changed from
    within WOLips/Eclipse.

    For example:

    src - Can be changed in Preferences

    bin - Can be changed in Preferences

    .classpath - I assume that needs to be there (no real need to move
    either). But?

    .project - I assume that needs to be there (no real need to move
    either). But?

    build.properties - Can it be moved? If so, how? Can it be edited
    manually?

    build.xml - Can it be moved? If so, how?

    woproject - Can it be moved? If so, how?

    PB.project - Can it be moved? If so, how?

    Properties - Can it be moved? If so, how?

    Makefile.postamble / Makefile.preamble - Can they be moved? If so, how?

    CustomInfo.plist - Can it be moved? If so, how?

    build - Can it be moved? If so, how? I think I saw something in the
    documentation about this?

    ProjectName.xcode - Can it be moved

    EOModels - I think these need to be in the top-level of the project
    folder. Is this true? Can they be moved?

    Other Models (d2w) - Can they be moved? If so, how?

    Any other standard items?

    I guess I am asking about the flexiblity of the project folder layout.
    As always, grateful that one actually exists ;-) and just enquiring ...

    I would also like to put in a request for easier renaming of
    WOComponents and more flexibility with the above items (if they are not
    moveable, at least). Should I add these to the Jira issue / bug
    tracker?

    Of course, I know other things will definitely have higher priority
    than these mostly "cosmetic" changes.

    I'm really impressed with how WOLips and Eclipse are working together.

    Thanks,
    Ashley.

    --
    Ashley Aitken