Re: What flexible and what's not?

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 22:45:18 EDT

    Hi Dov,

    Thanks for your post.

    On 28/07/2004, at 1:15 AM, Dov Rosenberg wrote:

    > I was doing some thinking about your earlier EOModel problem. I think
    > that
    > if a EOModel is in the same framework as a PB.project file, it looks
    > in the
    > PB.project file to locate stuff. When you moved your eomodel to a
    > directory
    > structure off the "root" the PB.project was out of sync causing you
    > issues.

    Yes, this could be it.

    I've seen a (contextual?) menu item to "Update PB.project" but I have
    never known exactly when I need to run it - or in fact if it is handled
    automatically in most cases (this was my assumption).

    I will try out your idea.

    > I'm not sure why the PB.project file is important to opening an
    > EOModel file
    > but if there is a PB.project file and it is messed up (i.e. Via CVS)
    > EOModeler won't open the model file. If the EOModel is moved to a
    > different
    > directory without a PB.project it will work.

    Now, I know a little (but not much) about this.

    EOModeler and the IDE (Project Builder, Xcode, Eclipse/WOLips) actually
    communicate with each other when run to share information regarding the
    projects (EOModels, WOComonents etc).

    I believe they may read or store the information from and in the
    PB.project file.

    Now I am still confused because there is also a Project.xcode folder
    with a .pbxproj file inside (which I believe is the newer version of
    PB.project for Xcode).

    Do both of these need to be updated? Which one is used?

    Maybe one of the WOLips developers can answer or explain this?

    > Just a thought

    And some good ones at that, thanks again.

    Cheers,
    Ashley.

    --
    Ashley Aitken