Re: What flexible and what's not?

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 00:40:27 EDT

    Hi Ulrich,

    Thanks for your post.

    Sorry to bother you with more questions.

    On 28/07/2004, at 3:16 AM, ulrich köster wrote:

    >> For example:
    >>
    >> src - Can be changed in Preferences
    >>
    >> bin - Can be changed in Preferences
    >
    > You have to change that also in the build.properties

    Yes, I saw that, but assumed it was only necessary for when I do an
    external Ant build.

    Is that right?

    >> build.properties - Can it be moved? If so, how? Can it be edited
    >> manually?
    >>
    >> build.xml - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    >
    > Yes, if you change all the paths in the file.

    Ok, thanks (not sure I want to try that just yet ;-).

    I assume this file is not written to by WOLips/Eclipse at all (except,
    of course, initially but just provides the build information for Ant)?

    >> woproject - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    >
    > No, required by WOLips

    Ok.

    >> PB.project - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > Required by ProjectBuilder
    >>
    >> Properties - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    >>
    >> Makefile.postamble / Makefile.preamble - Can they be moved? If so,
    >> how?
    > Required by ProjectBuilder
    >>
    >> CustomInfo.plist - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > Required by ProjectBuilder

    Ok.

    If we don't anticipate using ProjectBuilder can we trash these? Will
    they be autogenerated ...

    Are they used for WOBuilder / EOModeler communication?

    When do we need to do a PB.project update manually?

    >> build - Can it be moved? If so, how? I think I saw something in the
    >> documentation about this?
    >
    > Otherwise the rapid turnaround mode won't work

    So the name "build" is hardcoded?

    >> ProjectName.xcode - Can it be moved
    >
    > Required by Xcode.

    Ok.

    If we don't anticipate using Xcode can we trash this? Will it be
    autogenerated ...

    Is it used for WOBuilder/EOModeler communication?

    >> EOModels - I think these need to be in the top-level of the project
    >> folder. Is this true? Can they be moved?
    >
    > ProjectBuilder NO Xcode Yes

    Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by this. What does it mean with
    respect to WOLips/Eclipse?

    I anticipate using neither ProjectBuilder or Xcode (but, of course,
    want WOBuilder and EOModeler to still work).

    Could I suggest a Wiki for WOLips? Perhaps a page (or more) on WODev?

    Thanks again,
    Ashley.

    --
    Ashley Aitken