Re: What flexible and what's not?

From: Ulrich Köste (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 02:20:42 EDT

    Quoting Ashley Aitken <mrhatke..ac.com>:

    > Hi Ulrich,
    >
    > Thanks for your post.
    >
    > Sorry to bother you with more questions.
    >
    > On 28/07/2004, at 3:16 AM, ulrich köster wrote:
    >

    > >> For example:
    > >>
    > >> src - Can be changed in Preferences
    > >>
    > >> bin - Can be changed in Preferences
    > >
    > > You have to change that also in the build.properties
    >
    > Yes, I saw that, but assumed it was only necessary for when I do an
    > external Ant build.

    Or a deployment build. The build from the incremental build is not deployable.

    > Is that right?
    >
    > >> build.properties - Can it be moved? If so, how? Can it be edited
    > >> manually?
    > >>
    > >> build.xml - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > >
    > > Yes, if you change all the paths in the file.
    >
    > Ok, thanks (not sure I want to try that just yet ;-).
    >
    > I assume this file is not written to by WOLips/Eclipse at all (except,
    > of course, initially but just provides the build information for Ant)?
    >

    > >> woproject - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > >
    > > No, required by WOLips
    >
    > Ok.
    >

    > >> PB.project - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > > Required by ProjectBuilder
    > >>
    > >> Properties - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > >>
    > >> Makefile.postamble / Makefile.preamble - Can they be moved? If so,
    > >> how?
    > > Required by ProjectBuilder
    > >>
    > >> CustomInfo.plist - Can it be moved? If so, how?
    > > Required by ProjectBuilder
    >
    > Ok.
    >
    > If we don't anticipate using ProjectBuilder can we trash these? Will
    > they be autogenerated ...
    >
    > Are they used for WOBuilder / EOModeler communication?
    >
    > When do we need to do a PB.project update manually?
    >
    > >> build - Can it be moved? If so, how? I think I saw something in the
    > >> documentation about this?
    > >
    > > Otherwise the rapid turnaround mode won't work
    >
    > So the name "build" is hardcoded?

    Yes.

    > >> ProjectName.xcode - Can it be moved
    > >
    > > Required by Xcode.
    >
    > Ok.
    >
    > If we don't anticipate using Xcode can we trash this? Will it be
    > autogenerated ...

    Unless you're 100 % sure that you never share your project with someone working
    on the mac.

    > Is it used for WOBuilder/EOModeler communication?
    >

    > >> EOModels - I think these need to be in the top-level of the project
    > >> folder. Is this true? Can they be moved?
    > >
    > > ProjectBuilder NO Xcode Yes
    >
    > Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by this. What does it mean with
    > respect to WOLips/Eclipse?
    >
    > I anticipate using neither ProjectBuilder or Xcode (but, of course,
    > want WOBuilder and EOModeler to still work).
    >
    > Could I suggest a Wiki for WOLips? Perhaps a page (or more) on WODev?

    It's allready there.

    About the the Apple project files (PB.project and .Xcode) and there relationship
    with eomodels and wocomponents and so on.

    Both WOBuilder and EOModeler relies on that files.
    Ulrich