Re: How To: Deployment Build

From: ulrich köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 13:19:34 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Guido Neitzer" <guido.neitze..harmaline.de>
    To: <woproject-de..bjectstyle.org>
    Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:09 AM
    Subject: How To: Deployment Build

    Hi.

    I'm currently playing around with Eclipse 3.0, WOLips (current beta) and
    WebObjects 5.2.3 to get comfortable for a new project we get.

    So, my question is: Is there a "cookbook" on how to use Eclipse/WOLips for
    WO-Development which includes

    - how to set up everything from the scratch for fast development;

    How to create a HelloWOrld is described in docs.

    - how to set up everything from the scratch to produce an application for
    deployment or better to even deploy directly to a chosen location on the
    network;

    Run ant and select the "install" target.

    - building and using frameworks with reusable components, models and so
    on;

    Manage project dependencies with the "Java Build Path" properties page.

    - integrating EOGenerator in the build process;

    - possible problems with EOModeller/WOBuilder in this combination?

    Avoid folders.

    Ulrich