Re: Incremental vs. Ant build

From: Brendan Duddridge (brenda..lickspace.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 00:00:45 EDT

    >> 3. Do you have to switch every project to the Ant build before doing a
    >> deployment?
    >>

    > Not sure what you mean.
    >

    > Chuck

    Hi Chuck,

    What I mean is, what's the procedure for doing an install build right before
    deploying an app and frameworks? In Xcode, I usually only built with the
    Development build-style and then copied my .framework and .woa to my
    production servers. That worked fine for deployment for me.

    In Eclipse/WOLips, if my projects are configured with the Incremental build
    and I explicitly run the Ant install target for my frameworks and apps, the
    MacOSClassPath.txt file doesn't have all my framework references in it (I
    understand this is already a known bug that may already be fixed in CVS), so
    my app won't run properly.

    So I guess what I'm asking is what's the normal way for people to develop
    and deploy their apps with Eclipse/WOLips?

    Do you develop and run mostly with the Incremental build setting and then
    switch to the Ant (build.xml) setting right before deploying?

    Or do you develop and run mostly with the Incremental build setting and then
    explicitely run each of the Ant install targets for each framework and
    application right before deploying?

    Thanks,

    Brendan Duddridge

    ClickSpace Interactive Inc.