Re: Incremental vs. Ant build

From: Ulrich Köste (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 02:19:37 EDT

    Quoting Chuck Hill <chil..lobal-village.net>:

    > On Jul 29, 2004, at 8:34 PM, Brendan Duddridge wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Just a few questions:
    > >
    > > 1. Is it possible to run a program from within Eclipse when you have
    > > the Ant
    > > build selected? It seems my programs don't run and generate a
    > > NoClassDefFound Exception when I try to run with the Ant build. Maybe
    > > I have
    > > a setting wrong somewhere.
    > >
    > The two builders create different files in different locations. You
    > need to update the classpath in the run config when you change builders
    > (I think, I'm still coming up to speed with the many changes in the new
    > version)
    >

    > > 2. What if the frameworks have Ant selected and the WOApps have
    > > Incremental
    > > selected?
    > >
    > That should not make any difference is each is configured correctly.

    It doesn't matter. If it does, it's a bug and you have to file a bugreport.

    You don't have to change the classpath for the WOApp. Al you have to change is
    the working dir. WOLips has 1.1.0 has variable for that. To get that variable
    create a new launch config and copy the value from the working dir into your
    existing launch config.

    > > 3. Do you have to switch every project to the Ant build before doing a
    > > deployment?
    > >

    > Not sure what you mean.

    To make a deployment build, run ant with the install target. A "Run Ant..." item
    is in the context menu for the build.xml.

    Ulrich