Re: Adding/importing EOModels/WOComponents to a project?

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 11:47:17 EDT

    Hi David (and List Members),

    On 31/07/2004, at 11:31 PM, David LeBer wrote:

    > On 31-Jul-04, at 9:18 AM, Ashley Aitken wrote:
    >> How does one add/import an *pre-existing* EOModel or WOComponent to
    >> an Eclipse/WOLips project so that the project files (pbxproj etc)
    >> stay in a sane state?
    >>
    >> Currently, I have been adding a new EOModel (or WOComponent) with the
    >> same name as the pre-existing EOModel (or WOComponent) I want to add,
    >> and then just copy the real item over the newly created one and
    >> refresh.
    >>
    >> Is that ok?
    >>
    >> Or should I be using the Eclipse "Import" facility? Is that
    >> integrated with WOLips (ie will WOLips know about imported EOModels
    >> and WOComponents)?
    >
    > Ashley,
    >
    > I haven't had any problems with this (I'm running Eclipse 2.1.3).
    >
    > Creating a new project and dragging all of the components and the
    > EOModel into it (with the .java files going into the src directory)
    > and then refreshing the project works fine. I just did this with two
    > projects and a framework.

    Thanks for that "data point" - I assume you mean that WOBuilder and
    EOModeller work fine (e.g. you can browse the object hierarchy in
    WOBuilder, and prototypes work in EOModeller) when WOComponents and
    EOModels are added in this way.

    That is clearly how I would like it to work. I guess on a "refresh"
    WOLips must be getting in on the action and updating the project files
    (including ProjectName.proj and project.pbxproj).

    I find it difficult, however, when I don't know what is going on behind
    the scenes with this "inter-application communication", to know what
    will break the WOLips "compatibility" setup and what won't.

    Basically, it comes down to, I guess, how fragile/delicate is this
    setup ...

    As I said, in another post, my project seems to have become "messed up"
    and I am not sure how to fix it.

    Thanks again for your post.

    Cheers,
    Ashley.