Re: Adding/importing EOModels/WOComponents to a project?

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 23:37:22 EDT

Hi again Brendan (and List Members),

On 01/08/2004, at 11:17 AM, Brendan Duddridge wrote:
> I also applied the WOBuilder patch as described on the wolips web site,

Yes, I've done that too. I thought it wouldn't be necessary with
Eclipse 3.0.0 and WOLips 1.1.0.70. Can someone confirm either way
please? And, it may be symptomatic of another problem since what I
think the patch is doing is taking us back to using the PB.project form
of inter-application communication (ie <= WO5.2.2).

> and
> now I see my methods and attributes from my WOComponent in WOBuilder,
> but it
> doesn't seem to know what attributes and methods are available on any
> of my
> classes. E.g. If I've defined public Customer customer; (and
> appropriate
> accessors) on my WOComponent, I don't see any of my methods,
> attributes, or
> relationships that should be available on the Customer class.

Yes, I have a strange situation like that too. I can see keys and
actions on some classes but not others (in the application), and
especially I can't see EOModel entities in a framework included in the
project. I am trying to narrow things down to one example that I can
document as an error, but there are so many variables etc.

> What's the trick?

Hey, I was hoping you could tell me ;-)

Perhaps someone can explain how this all really works - WOBuilder and
EOModeller talking to the IDEs, what information is stored where, and
what can break this, and how to fix things if it gets broken ...
alternatively we could try and read the code in WOLips to find out what
is being done (but that may not be easy).

Cheers,
Ashley.

--
Ashley Aitken