Re: New User: No startup script?

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 14:54:02 EDT

    Jason McInnes wrote:

    > I'm a new user of Eclipse and WOLips. I'm trying to
    > execute the steps in the Help's "Your First WOLips
    > Application". I created a HelloWOrld application using
    > the New Application Wizard (I'm using the WOLips
    > Perspective). The application did build as far as I
    > can tell. Step 3 (third bullet) says that I should
    > find a HelloWOrld application start script - but I do
    > not see it under the HellowWOrld.woa folder (under the
    > build folder).
    >
    > When I try to run the application, I get a build
    > successful (total time: 2 seconds) message, but the
    > application does not appear to be running (and since I
    > have no start script that I can see, I can't execute
    > step 6 in the tutorial (i.e., double-click the start
    > script to run the application).
    >
    > I'm using Eclipse 3.0 and the latest WOLips on a Mac
    > with OS 10.3.
    >
    > I must be doing something that is extremely easy to
    > fix since I haven't written any code...Any ideas?

    Sounds like a documentation bug to me ... one of the more recent changes
    is that the incremental builder is now the default builder, and it
    doesn't create startup scripts. It's meant to be used with the WO
    Application launch support in Eclipse, so you can properly debug your code.

    Can you file a bugreport? ( http://objectstyle.org/jira )

    Harald