Re: New User: No startup script?

From: Jason McInnes (jason_j_mcinne..ahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 16:07:00 EDT

    Yep, that took care of it.

    I do need to learn more about Eclipse, but I also
    agree with Harald that this appears to be a "bug" in
    the documentation. At the very least it should direct
    the user to the Eclipse documentation on run
    configurations since this is obviously a step in the
    process that needs to be executed. I'll file a bug
    report.

    Thanks, again, Ashley, for your help!

    Jason

    --- Ashley Aitken <mrhatke..ac.com> wrote:

    > Hi Jason,
    >
    > How you start a WOLips application is by creating a
    > new Eclipse RUN
    > configuration. Basically, this means specifying the
    > name of the class
    > containing the main() method (which is usually the
    > Application class in
    > a WO application).
    >
    > Once you have created this RUN configuration, you
    > can choose it from
    > the toolbar RUN icon menu and the WO application
    > should just start
    > (with the usual tons of console output ...).
    >
    > Remember, WOLips applications are just Java
    > applications to Eclipse
    > (well, to a first approximation ...).
    >
    > Perhaps you need to learn more about Eclipse in
    > general (from the Help)
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ashley.
    >

    > On 01/08/2004, at 2:44 PM, Jason McInnes wrote:
    >
    > > I'm a new user of Eclipse and WOLips. I'm trying
    > > execute the steps in the Help's "Your First WOLips
    > > Application". I created a HelloWOrld application
    > using
    > > the New Application Wizard (I'm using the WOLips
    > > Perspective). The application did build as far as
    > > can tell. Step 3 (third bullet) says that I should
    > > find a HelloWOrld application start script - but I
    > do
    > > not see it under the HellowWOrld.woa folder (under
    > the
    > > build folder).
    > >
    > > When I try to run the application, I get a build
    > > successful (total time: 2 seconds) message, but
    > the
    > > application does not appear to be running (and
    > since I
    > > have no start script that I can see, I can't
    > execute
    > > step 6 in the tutorial (i.e., double-click the
    > start
    > > script to run the application).
    > >
    > > I'm using Eclipse 3.0 and the latest WOLips on a
    > Mac
    > > with OS 10.3.
    > >
    > > I must be doing something that is extremely easy
    > > fix since I haven't written any code...Any ideas?
    > >

    > --
    > Ashley Aitken
    > Perth, Western Australia
    > mrhatken at mac dot com