Re: What flexible and what's not?

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 04:37:51 EDT

    Hi Ulrich,

    On 02/08/2004, at 4:20 PM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > I'll guess you've played with 'Organise Imports' in Eclipse. Am I
    > right?

    Not extensively. I think I might have tried it on one file (just to see
    what it does, hey I'm an Eclipse newbie) but I think I even undid that
    (I've currently left a lot of basic imports that aren't needed in the
    source).

    Would that confuse WOLips?

    Is it not possible to delete the PB.project and
    ProjectName.xcode/project.pbxproc files and regenerate them? Or do I
    have to recreate the entire project (by making a new project and
    dragging all the old files into the new one ...)

    Thanks,
    Ashley.

    > Ulrich
    >
    > Am 30.07.2004 um 19:01 schrieb Ashley Aitken:
    >

    >> Howdy All,
    >>
    >> I'm no longer seeing keys inside the application and session (and
    >> other) objects in WOBuilder.
    >>
    >> WOBuilder knows the type for each object (Application and Session)
    >> but not their keys.
    >>
    >> Which leads me to believe it's having trouble finding their files
    >> (can't create keys or actions either).
    >>
    >> WebObjects 5.2.3, MacOSX 10.3.4, Eclipse 3.0.0, and WOLips 1.1.0.70
    >> beta 1

    >>> On Windows the PB.project. On the Mac the PB.project for WO 5.2.2
    >>> and prior and
    >>> 5.2.3 with the patch described on our homepage or the Xcode file
    >>> with 5.2.3.
    >>
    >> So the ProjectName.xcode file (and project.pbxproj inside) are
    >> relevant to my situation.
    >>
    >> I looked inside and the path for Application.java and Session.java
    >> were wrong.
    >>
    >> It seems like this file has got out of sync with my project (it seems
    >> it is easy to do this?).
    >>
    >> I tried a simple modification of project.pbxproj by hand (and
    >> restarted Eclipse and WOBuilder) but no luck :-(
    >>
    >> Is there a way to regenerate it (like the Update PB.project in WOLips
    >> tools)?
    >>
    >> Alternatively, any tips on how to get the keys back in WOBuilder?
    >>
    >> Please don't tell me I have to manually rebuilt my whole project?
    >>
    >> I am using all .* imports ...
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Ashley.