Autoupdate playing ping pong?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 11:59:29 EDT

    All,

    can someone else verify that changing a ant/*.patternset file will
    throw Eclipse in a state where it is always building, then updating
    resources, then updating the java files and start at the beginning
    again? My uneducated guess is that the build/ folder resources will
    trigger an update again.

    I seemingly fixed this in CVS by excluding the .svn/, CVS/, dist/, *~/
    and build/ folders automatically from the build with no need to set it
    explicitely. There's just no use case where it would make sense to
    include a resource from there for incremental builds.
    IsPrivateTeamMember just doesn't cut it if one is not using Eclipse's
    built-in version control.

    Comments are welcome...

    Cheers, Anjo