Re: CVS tags, tagging releases ?

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 05:33:43 EDT

    Marc Guenther wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > About the EOAdaptorClassName issue, I filed a f-re, and I also patched
    > the WOIncrementalBuilder.java to create this entry. Took me 10min to do
    > the change, and then 3hours to actually get this thing to compile into a
    > jar and put it into Eclipse ;-)

    I have usually have the same problem ... can you send a patch file
    (Eclipse can generate them using Team /

    > However, I have another question. How do you manage releases? I wanted
    > to checkout the 1.1.0.70 beta1 from CVS, to apply my change to it, but I
    > couldn't find any CVS tags. The current version had some problems. So I
    > had to do some guessing and checkout by date. Don't you tag releases?

    If there are no tags in CSV we're not tagging (Ulrich does the release
    builds and he has very little spare time) -- you can get the right date
    by looking at the buildserver.version file.

    If you send a patch I'd be glad to commit it.

    Harald