HINT: Components in Subfolders

From: Guido Neitzer (guido.neitze..harmaline.de)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 07:53:25 EDT

    Hi.

    I'm currently working on a private project (for learning) with WebObjects
    and Eclipse/WOLips and had a little weird experience which I want to share
    to others (perhaps something for a FAQ):

    I wanted to have my components in a subfolder, lets call it "Components".
    For this I have to do the following:

    1. Select the folder, click "New --> WO Component" and it is mainly
    created there.

    2. I have to manually move (with "Refactor --> Move") the API file to the
    same folder (it works, when it is in the "Components" folder, don't move
    it to the *.wo!).

    3. I have to manually move the java file to the folder I want to have it
    (I wasn't yet successful in moving them to a package, only to a second
    source folder).

    When I add now a partial component, which resides in the components folder
    to another component which is also in the components folder, I get the "No
    template found ..." error.

    This is because WOBuilder helps me with inserting the partial component,
    but doesn't take care of the folder structure: it adds it with
    "Components/TheComponent", but this is wrong when the components are in
    the same folder.

    So I can add a partial component to another, but I have to manually take
    care of the folder structure. Not a problem, but I think it's worth to add
    this to the documentation.

    I will try to add the components java files to a package (it works, but I
    can't access "session" and "application" - they are in the default package
    and when I move them, weird things happen ... :-(

    cug