Having trouble launching my application (newbie alert)

From: womai..ac.com
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 20:40:31 EDT

    Please forgive me if these are stupid questions... I've tried to RTFM
    but couldn't find anything useful.

    I'm working on the UserEntry exercise from chapter 5 of Apple's Web
    Apps book. When I choose Run As -> WO Application, one of two things
    happens:

    1. I get an error that says that "the active editor does not contain a
    main type"

    2. A progress bar comes up that says "Searching for main types". After
    a few seconds a Run Type box comes up which seems to want me to choose
    the run type for my application. If I choose _WOSimpleApplication, it
    runs.

    I can't figure out why these things are happening, nor why I sometimes
    get one behavior and sometimes the other. I've tried to make sure that
    the right thing is highlighted in each view - In the Package Explorer I
    chose the package name, I have main.java open in the Editor window, and
    I chose the main class in the Outline window, which has the icon beside
    it that's supposed to indicate that it contains Main. Of course I
    don't know if this makes any difference whatsoever; this is only my
    second attempt at building an application in Eclipse/WOLips. I didn't
    have these problems with the last one but it was even more simple than
    this is.

    Suggestions welcome!

    thanks,

    janine