RE: WOLips 1.1.0.82 beta 3, Principle Class, and ApplicationClass

From: Pierre.Bernar..cl.lu
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 03:33:28 EDT

    Hi!

    I am still running Eclipse 2.1.1 with an older version of WOLips. Thus I can't give definitive answers about the new beta.

    The notion of Principal Class however is a WebObjects one. A bundle (framework or application) may have a principal class. That class is touched when the bundle is loaded. Thus static initializers in that class get a chance to initialize other classes of the bundle before they get used. Refer to the NSBundle documentation for mor information.

    In the version of WOLips I am running the application class name is set by an argument to the <woapplication> task in the build.xml file. Oddly enough that argument is called "principalClass" which is the same name as the one used to set the principal class on a framework.

    Pierre