RESOLVED Re: [ANN] WOLips 1.1.0.82 beta 3

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 04:41:33 EDT

    Ok, for some reason (unbeknown to me) it looks like it is working now.

    I deleted all build products and install dist.

    Then I restarted Eclipse again (I did restart after installing WOLips
    1.1 Beta 3).

    And now it did copy the resources over to the build product. I'm not
    sure why it's works now ...

    I believe, from the documentation, there is nothing to configure when
    using the Incremental Build.

    I assume it just uses the pattern sets to determine what to build etc.

    Sorry for the noise!

    Cheers,
    Ashley.

    On 23/08/2004, at 3:41 PM, Ashley Aitken wrote:

    > Me again,
    >
    > I should say it works for a new WOApplication Project, but not for my
    > current WOApplication Project.
    >
    > I should also say that doing an Ant build does build the full product
    > in the dist folder.
    >
    > I guess build folder is use for Incremental Builds and dist folder is
    > used for Ant Install Builds?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ashley.
    >

    > On 23/08/2004, at 3:10 PM, Ashley Aitken wrote:
    >

    >> Howdy WOLips Developers,
    >>
    >> Thanks for the new release of WOLips (beta3).
    >>
    >> Unfortunately, WOLips is still not copying resources over to the
    >> build product (WOApplication) :-(
    >>
    >> Incremental Build.
    >>
    >> Pattern files seem ok:
    >>
    >> Resources Include
    >> Properties
    >> **/*.eomodeld/
    >> **/*.d2wmodel
    >> **/*.wo/
    >> **/*.api
    >> **/*.strings
    >>
    >> Resources Exclude
    >> **/*.eomodeld~/
    >> **/*.woa/**
    >> **/*.framework/**
    >>
    >> PB.projects file still has an empty resources list (even when it is
    >> updated).
    >>
    >> WOAPP_RESOURCES =
    >> ();
    >>
    >> Note: I am using a folder "Sources" for source (instead of src) and
    >> "Classes" for bytecode (instead of bin).
    >>
    >> Any help, most appreciated. I am not sure what to do?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Ashley.
    >>
    >> Eclipse 3.0.0, WOLips 1.1 Beta 3, Subclipse 0.9.12, Java 1.4.2,
    >> MacOSX 10.3.5, WO 5.2.3
    >>

    >> On 22/08/2004, at 4:03 PM, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >>
    >>> The WOProject team is proud to announce the release of WOLips
    >>> 1.1.0.82 beta 3 for Eclipse 3.0.0!
    >>>
    >>> WOLips is a ProjectBuilder replacement for WebObjects developers.
    >>>
    >>> More specifically, WOLips is an Eclipse plug-in that support
    >>> development of WebObjects applications and frameworks. WOLips is a
    >>> part of WOProject.
    >>>
    >>> Eclipse is a kind of universal tool platform – an open extensible
    >>> IDE for anything and nothing in particular. It is developed by OTI,
    >>> of VisualAge and WebSphere fame.
    >>>
    >>> WOProject is a set of OS and IDE independent tools (based on Ant)
    >>> for working with WebObjects.
    >>>
    >>> Ant is a Java-based build tool developed by the Apache Software
    >>> Foundation.
    >>>
    >>> Eclipse, WOProject and Ant; everything is cross-platform and open
    >>> source! Currently the only platform restriction on WOLips is the use
    >>> of WOBuilder and EOModeler.
    >>>
    >>> WOLips features and benefits:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Everything you expect from a modern state-of-the-art Java IDE.
    >>> 2. Easy installation with no configurations.
    >>> 3. Import wizards for existing projects.
    >>> 4. Tested on Windows and Macintosh.
    >>> 5. Rapid turnaround support with code hot-swap while debugging.
    >>> 6. Remote debugging of running applications
    >>> 7. Continuously keeps all ProjectBuilder files up-to-date. You can
    >>> work with ProjectBuilderWO and WOLips in parallel.
    >>> 8. Application profiling.
    >>> 9. Wizards to create applications, frameworks, components and
    >>> eomodels.
    >>> 10. Fast incremental builder (in addition to Ant scripts).

    --
    Ashley Aitken
    Perth, Western Australia