Re: Rapid turnaround not working or not configured right

From: Ashley Aitken (mrhatke..ac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 23:59:48 EDT

    Hi Brendan (and list members),

    On 24/08/2004, at 2:25 AM, Brendan Duddridge wrote:

    > When I start my applications, I see the following in the console log:
    >
    > [2004-08-23 11:04:43 MDT] <main> Application project found: Will locate
    > resources in '/Users/brendan/Projects/DriveIt/DriveItAdmin' rather than
    > '/Users/brendan/Projects/DriveIt/DriveItAdmin/build/DriveItAdmin.woa' .
    >
    > This leads me to believe that rapid turnaround mode is working
    > correctly and
    > it will find resources in my project directory as opposed to my build
    > directory.

    I see similar.

    > However, when I edit a component in my project, the changes are not
    > reflected in my running application (development mode, run from
    > Eclipse)
    > until I rebuild the application.

    Do you also see:

    2004-08-24 11:43:34,026 ERROR AppName[-:62147 0] NSLog
    (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:41) - Cannot use rapid turnaround. Please
    start Xcode and open the project for this application.

    I wonder if the "ProjectName.xcode" folder (and file) has got out of
    synch with your (our) project, and if this has any relevance.

    What it is the ProjectName.xcode folder there for anyways? I was
    hoping that it mean we wouldn't have to use the PrivateFrameworks hack
    anymore (since we could use the new interapplication communication
    method ...).

    All that said, strangely, rapid turnaround *does* seem to work for me.

    > Is it possible the application does not find resources if they are in
    > sub-folders? I have all my WO components in a Components directory in
    > my
    > project.

    My resources are in sub-sub-...-sub-folders ...

    > How do other people get rapid turnaround to work properly?

    Are you using the Incremental Builder?

    Does the Ant builder place the build product in the same place the
    incremental builder does?

    I believe the incremental build goes into the build directory whereas
    an install build goes into the dist directory.

    Is the Eclipse/WOLips Install Build related to a normal Eclipse Ant
    Build in a similar way that an Xcode Deployment Build is related to a
    Development Build? Eg Install removes symbols etc.

    Sorry no clear help here.

    Cheers,
    Ashley.

    --