Need a few debugging pointers (no pun intended :)

From: womai..ac.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 23:00:44 EDT

    I'm working my way through Apple's Web Apps book, and have run into my
    first debugging challenge. I'm in Chapter 7, the Component
    Communication exercise.

    I'm getting a java.lang.NullPointerException when I hit the submit
    button, but that's not really the problem. The problem is that I'm
    trying to figure out how to debug this, and it's eluding me. I had no
    problems with the basic stuff, setting breakpoints and stepping through
    code. But I'm not sure what to do with this error.

    I have a function called submitChanges bound to the submit button, and
    I put a breakpoint on the first line, but it's never getting there.
    The stack trace in the console window (I'm using Eclipse 3) looks like
    this (there's more of it but I figured this was enough):

    [2004-08-24 22:33:08 EDT] <WorkerThread0>