Can't use Ant from within Eclipse

From: Denise Howard (dhowar..gp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 22:42:57 EDT

    Hi--

    This is slightly off-topic for the list but I hope someone can help.

    Configuration: I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.5, Eclipse 3.0.0, JBoss 3.2, and
    Ant 1.6.1.

    Problem: I can't do any Ant-related stuff from within Eclipse. For example
    if I have a project going and I select packaging-build.xml and right-click
    to select Run->Ant Build (there are two Ant Build items in the popup
    list--select first one) I get an "Errors Running Operations" alert dialog:

    Launching (Error: An internal error occurred during: "Launching").
    An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    org.eclipse.ant.core.AntCorePreferences.getRemoteAntProperties()Ljava.util/L
    ist;
    org.eclipse.ant.internal.ui.launchConfiguratios.AntLaunchDelegate.generateCo
    mmandLine(AntLaunchDelegate.java:331)
    Etc....

    If I choose the second Ant Build item in the popup list, nothing at all
    occurs in Eclipse but the following appears in the system console (not the
    one in Eclipse):

    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Aug 27, 2004 00:21:49.876
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    Unhandled event loop exception
    Reason:

    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Aug 27, 2004 00:21:49.878
    !MESSAGE
    org.eclipse.ant.core.AntCorePreferences.getCustomPropertyFiles(Z)[Ljava/lang
    /String;
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    org.eclipse.ant.core.AntCorePreferences.getCustomPropertyFiles(Z)[Ljava/lang
    /String;
        at
    org.eclipse.ant.internal.ui.preferences.AntPropertiesBlock.setEnabled(AntPro
    pertiesBlock.java:438)
    Etc....

    Xdoclet is similarly useless.

    Ant- and Xdoclet-related entries appear in the Eclipse preferences and in
    the menus, and I can run Ant just fine from a command line. In the app
    preferences window if I

    I spent two hours rooting around in the docs and folders looking for
    possible reasons and ways to fix it, but came up empty. What's wrong with
    my environment?

    Denise

    This message could have been secured by PGP Universal. To secure
    future messages from this sender, please click this link:

    woproject-dev@objectstyle.org">https://keys.pgp.com/b/b.e?r=woproject-dev@objectstyle.org