Re: Having build problems with no wobuild.properties

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 04:13:06 EDT

    Hi Doug,

    we provide a little script to generate the wobuild.properties. The
    script is included in the dist and the name is woproperties.xml.

    Just include the script in your build xml.

    First create a target in your build.xml:

    <!-- ========================================== -->
         <!-- Check properties. -->
         <!-- ========================================== -->
         <target name="check">
                <ant antfile="Path/woproperties.xml" target="check"/>
         </target>

    Adjust the 'Path' to the file woproperties.xml in the 'check' target
    just created.

    Let's assume your default target is named foo. The depends attribute
    calls the check target.

    <target name="foo" depends="check">
           //Your statements
    </target>

    Whenever someone invokes ant the check target is executed first.

    The script within the file woproperties.xml generates the
    wobuild.properties. The script should work on all platforms.

    Another thing that you should know is that the script 'fails' on the
    first run. The user get's a message on the concole that he should try
    it a second time.
    After that everything should run smoothly.

    Ulrich