Re: Properties > Java Build Path > WO Frameworks?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 04:37:19 EDT

    Am 29.08.2004 um 15:03 schrieb Ashley Aitken:
    >> My question is: What are "External Build Root" libraries?
    >
    > Ok, it seems to me that "External Build Root" may be the ~/Roots
    > folder that is used for Project WONDER frameworks etc. Is that
    > correct?

    Yes, I put it in WOLips when incremental builds weren't working so well
    and we still needed to support both XCode and WOLips in one build
    Environment. Now that I don't really care about XCode anymore, I
    probably wouldn't do so again...

    > How did WOLips know about that? I believe I could have called it
    > something else when I compiled Project WONDER ...

    But AFAIK, it's hardwired to ~/Roots. We might change it to an
    environment var if there is pressing need, though.

    >> Also, there seems to be some duplication in "External Build Root" and
    >> "Local" frameworks? And, sometimes, when I select frameworks
    >> (notably in "Local") they end up in "External Build Root"?
    >
    > I still don't understand what is happening here. Is there some
    > juggling done of the selections from Local and "External Build Root"?

    The settings represent a "Search path". Only the name of the framework
    is stored, so if there is a ERExtensions in ~/Roots, it will get chosen
    over the one on /Library.

    Cheers, Anjo