Re: WOLips hangs on "create Resources/Java/..."

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 10:21:39 EDT

    On Sep 8, 2004, at 3:34 AM, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    > Moin Andrus,
    >
    > the bug with the patternset is stupid copy and paste bug. A fix is in
    > the cvs.

    That's cool. It confused me a lot initially.

    > Can I get some details for the Mac problem. Are the permissions
    > correct?

    Yes, this was one of the first things that I checked. Also I may be
    wrong about this problem being Mac-specific. I think I saw the same
    thing happen on Windows a few times (not that often though).
    Unfortunately I have no way to debug it, other than looking at the
    build progress indicator.

    Often it happens when I do "Clean..", and select a WOApp project as a
    single project to clean. Compilation finishes successfully, then all
    classes are copied to the destination (seems like there is no missing
    classes, all appear in the destination directory as expected). And
    after that it hangs with the build message still showing one of the
    classes. So looks like it happens after the copy is done.

    > Harald and myself had a long discussion how we could provide a way to
    > set the flattening for the ant and the incremental builder.Without a
    > solution. If someone has an idea how we could solve it...

    With Ant, at least there is a direction for a solution. Ant support
    Mapper data structure
    (http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/mapper.html). In our case we do
    not care much about advanced mappers, only the "identity" and "flatten"
    mappers. So instead of messing with explicit nested mappers, we can add
    two optional boolean flags to WOApplication and WOFramework tasks:
    "flattenWSResources" and "flattenResources". These flags will allow the
    tasks to implicitly create an appropriate "flatten" mapper when
    required.

    These flags can be set as project-level properties by WOLips (stored in
    build.properties or something). Not sure how easy it will be to add
    support for this to the incremental build, but I don't see a problem
    extending an Ant task. Is there anything that I am missing?

    Andrus