Beginner Eclipse problem

From: Denise Howard (dhowar..gp.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 22:20:38 EDT

    I hope this is a quick and easy one. I'm running Eclipse 3.0.1 on Mac OS X
    10.3.5. In Eclipse I can run my plain Java application to my heart's
    content. It happens to use Apache Axis, so all those Axis jars are in the
    build path.

    Then I use Eclipse to create a jar file for my application, and from the
    command line I try to run the jar, and right off the bat I get a
    "NoClassDefFoundError" for one of the Axis classes. Spelling out the
    classpath (I copied and pasted from Eclipse's command line inspector so I
    know they're all spelled and punctuated correctly) made no difference.

    What am I doing wrong? The Eclipse help system is wonderful but I couldn't
    find quite the solution in it for this. Is there a way to have Eclipse
    "copy" external jars (such as these Axis ones) into my application jar so
    that I can hand it to someone who doesn't have Axis installed and it will
    run for them (similar to the "merge" in Xcode)?

    Thanks--

    Denise

    This message could have been secured by PGP Universal. To secure
    future messages from this sender, please click this link:

    woproject-dev@objectstyle.org">https://keys.pgp.com/b/b.e?r=woproject-dev@objectstyle.org