Re: Link WO documentation to Eclipse

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 12:30:27 EDT

    Am 02.09.2004 um 09:38 schrieb Mariano Peterson:

    > How can I link WO's JavaDoc to Eclipse?
    >
    > When Eclipse pops up code-assist for standard Java objects, I also get
    > a tooltip with the JavaDoc for the selected item. This tooltip does
    > not appear for WO objects. Has anybody been able to get this to work
    > for WO objects? I'm using Eclipse 3.0.0 and WOLips 1.1.0.82 beta 3 on
    > Mac OS 10.3.5.

    This doesn't work. The reason is that there is no "parser" for external
    JDs to split it up into the individual methods. For the standard
    classes and normally linked jars, the JRE source is used to display the
    tooltips.

    > I've managed to link WO's JavaDoc to Eclipse's "External" JavaDoc.
    > When I select a WO object in the editor and press "Shift + F2", the
    > appropriate WebObjects documentation is opened in an external browser.
    > I've done this by associating the WO reference API folder with the
    > appropriate .jar's in my Project's WO Frameworks Library. (Expand the
    > WO Framworks Library in your project, right click on
    > javafoundation.jar, select Properties, select JavaDoc Location, select
    > JavaDoc URL, enter a path such as
    > file:/Developer/Documentation/WebObjects/5.2.3/API/)

    I just committed some code for a quick-and-dirty tryout. Basically, it
    looks if the Framework starts with "Java" and then links that to

      file:///Developer/Documentation/WebObjects/Reference/API/

    where the WO docs should reside. Note that this is just a hack, nothing
    more. On a similar note, source attachments don't work with the
    framework container. I'll try tomorrow to come up with a scheme for
    source attachments and JD prefs.

    Cheers, Anjo