Re: AW: packages and wocomponents problem

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 14:02:22 EDT

    Moin Thomas,

    I'll guess you've deleted the dist folder.

    The ant builder is more "standard" compliant. The incremental builder
    is faster.

    Try the incremental builder.

    Ulrich

    Am 11.10.2004 um 23:22 schrieb Thomas Engeroff:

    > Hi Ulrich,
    >
    > I finally got it going!!!
    > The bad news is that I do not really know what was wrong.
    > I'll try to figure it out.
    >
    > Right now I use the Ant builder. Maybe that was the problem. What's
    > the big
    > difference about the builders? Which one should I use?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Thomas

    >>> MyComponentPage.wod
    >>> MyComponentPage.woo
    >>> MyComponentPage.api
    >>>
    >>> When I compile, build (without any errors) and run my wo-app I get
    >>> the
    >>> error
    >>> message below. It says, that the component class can not be found,
    >>> therefore
    >>> I tried to find out how WO determines where to search for the class.
    >>> found
    >>> out, that the classname is defined in the *.api files.
    >>> I changed my *.api files to the following:
    >>>
    >>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    >>> <wodefinitions>
    >>> <wo wocomponentcontent="false"
    >>> class="de.huebnerInformatik.wocomponents.MyComponentPage">
    >>>
    >>> </wo>
    >>> </wodefinitions>
    >>>
    >>> I changed " class="MyComponentPage" " to "
    >>> class="de.huebnerInformatik... "
    >>> as you see above.
    >>>
    >>> Well, this did not help at all. I still get the same error message. I
    >>> also
    >>> searched the archives and could not find a solution which works for
    >>> me.
    >>>
    >>> I'm using:
    >>> Eclipse 3.0.1
    >>> WOLips 1.0.7.50
    >>> WO 5.2
    >>> on Windows XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> The same WO Application works great on this machine as long as I
    >>> don't
    >>> move
    >>> the components class files into packages!
    >>>
    >>> I just moved my WOComponents back to the root dir (class files still
    >>> in the
    >>> packages), rebuild and get the same error message!
    >>>
    >>> Any help is greatly appreciated!
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Thomas
    >>>

    >>> 2004-10-10 22:58:46,643 DEBUG ImmoShop_v3[-:2050 1] NSLog
    >>> (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) -
    >>> <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> WARNING:
    >>> Unable to
    >>> find component class named "WelcomePage". If this is not intended to
    >>> be a
    >>> classless component, check your framework settings and the contents
    >>> of
    >>> your
    >>> classpath file (in the .woa's Contents/<PLATFORM_NAME> subdirectory).
    >>> 2004-10-10 22:58:46,733 WARN ImmoShop_v3[-:2050 1] NSLog
    >>> (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:41) -
    >>> WOBundle.lookForClassInAllBundles(MenuTopRight_comp) failed!
    >>> 2004-10-10 22:58:46,793 WARN ImmoShop_v3[-:2050 1] NSLog
    >>> (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:41) -
    >>> WOBundle.lookForClassInAllBundles(MenuBottomLeft_comp) failed!
    >>> 2004-10-10 22:58:46,813 WARN ImmoShop_v3[-:2050 1] NSLog
    >>> (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:41) -
    >>> <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler>:
    >>> Exception
    >>> occurred while handling request:
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$UnknownKeyException:
    >>> [<com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent name: WelcomePage
    >>> subcomponents: null
    >>> This WOComponent does not have an instance variable of the name
    >>> showMenuTopRight or _showMenuTopRight, nor a method of the name
    >>> showMenuTopRight, _showMenuTopRight, getShowMenuTopRight, or
    >>> _getShowMenuTopRight
    >>> [2004-10-10 22:58:46 GMT+1] <WorkerThread0>
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$UnknownKeyException:
    >>> [<com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent name: WelcomePage
    >>> subcomponents: null
    >>> This WOComponent does not have an instance variable of the name
    >>> showMenuTopRight or _showMenuTopRight, nor a method of the name
    >>> showMenuTopRight, _showMenuTopRight, getShowMenuTopRight, or
    >>> _getShowMenuTopRight
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.handleQueryWithUnboundKey(WOComp
    >>> on
    >>> ent.j
    >>> ava:1566)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$Utility.handleQueryWithUnb
    >>> ou
    >>> ndKey
    >>> (NSKeyValueCoding.java:544)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$_KeyBinding.valueInObject(
    >>> NS
    >>> KeyVa
    >>> lueCoding.java:920)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$DefaultImplementation.valu
    >>> eF
    >>> orKey
    >>> (NSKeyValueCoding.java:1268)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.valueForKey(WOComponent.java:
    >>> 1539)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$Utility.valueForKey(NSKeyV
    >>> al
    >>> ueCod
    >>> ing.java:498)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCodingAdditions$DefaultImplementa
    >>> ti
    >>> on.va
    >>> lueForKeyPath(NSKeyValueCodingAdditions.java:212)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.valueForKeyPath(WOComponent.java
    >>> :
    >>> 1600)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOKeyValueAssociation.valueInCompon
    >>> en
    >>> t(WOK
    >>> eyValueAssociation.java:46)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOAssociation.booleanValueInComponent(WOAsso
    >>> ci
    >>> ation
    >>> ..java:278)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOConditional.appendToResponse(WOCo
    >>> nd
    >>> ition
    >>> al.java:62)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WODynamicGroup.appendChildrenToResp
    >>> on
    >>> se(WO
    >>> DynamicGroup.java:121)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WODynamicGroup.appendToResponse(WOD
    >>> yn
    >>> amicG
    >>> roup.java:130)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.appendToResponse(WOComponent.jav
    >>> a:
    >>> 992)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOSession.appendToResponse(WOSession.java:
    >>> 1198)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXSession.appendToResponse(ERXSession.java:510)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.appendToResponse(WOApplication
    >>> .j
    >>> ava:1
    >>> 418)
    >>> at
    >>> er.extensions.ERXApplication.appendToResponse(ERXApplication.java:
    >>> 606)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatch
    >>> Wi
    >>> thPre
    >>> paredPage(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:230)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatch
    >>> Wi
    >>> thPre
    >>> paredSession(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:287)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatch
    >>> Wi
    >>> thPre
    >>> paredApplication(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:322)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._handleRe
    >>> qu
    >>> est(W
    >>> OComponentRequestHandler.java:358)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler.handleReq
    >>> ue
    >>> st(WO
    >>> ComponentRequestHandler.java:432)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.dispatchRequest(WOApplication.
    >>> ja
    >>> va:13
    >>> 06)
    >>> at
    >>> er.extensions.ERXApplication.dispatchRequest(ERXApplication.java:638)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.runOnce(WOWorkerThre
    >>> ad
    >>> .java
    >>> :173)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.run(WOWorkerThread.j
    >>> av