RE: Eclipse/WOLips not seeing the WO frameworks

From: Bill Michell (bill.michel..bc.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 04:38:33 EDT

     I had a similar problem that turned out to be due to the case of the path strings.

    Windows is supposed to be case-independent, but Java is of course case sensitive.

    Check that the cases in all your configuration files and settings and variables match the ones actually on the file system, just in case.

    --
    Bill Michell
    Development Team Leader, Broadcast Platforms, BBC News Interactive.

    -----Original Message----- From: Britt, Travis [mailto:Travis.Brit..gc.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:02 PM To: WOLips List Subject: RE: Eclipse/WOLips not seeing the WO frameworks

    Sorry, no change. I tried rebuilding wobuild.properties for a new WOApplication, and the same symptoms persist.

    tb

    From: Ulrich Köster [mailto:ulric..bjectstyle.org] Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 2:16 PM > could you try the following: Enable the option "Rebuild > wobuild.properties on next launch" in the preferences. And restart > Eclipse.

    Am 12.10.2004 um 18:48 schrieb Britt, Travis:

    > I'm using WO 5.2.3, Eclipse 3.0.1 & WOLips 1.1.0.82 on Windows XP. > (Fresh installs of everything.) When I create a new WOApplication from > Eclipse none of the WebObjects import statements resolve. > > I see WO Frameworks under Project:Properties:Libraries, but it's empty > (cannot be expanded). I tried removing & re-adding it with no change. > I tried to configure it but none of the selections (Local, System, > etc.) persist. > > If I manually add the jars from NEXT_ROOT/Library/Frameworks/ it > works, but I sense that isn't how it should be done. > > Must admit this is my first time using Windows of any flavor. I have > this same setup working great under OS X, and didn't see anything in > the archives, which leads me to believe it may be something XP > related. (Or me related...) I am able to run ProjectBuilderWO on this > box and build and run an application. > > .classpath has this entry: > <classpathentry kind="con" > path="org.objectstyle.wolips.WO_CLASSPATH"/>

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland

    This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.