INSTALL PROBLEMS: WOLips 1.1.0.82 b3 / Eclipse 3.0.1 / Mac OS X 10.3.5+all updates

From: Benjamin J Doherty (bj..obox.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 23:52:56 EDT

    TWO ISSUES:

    1.

    More and more I'm told that I need to move away from Xcode to Eclipse.
    I'm looking forward to doing this especially for the cross platform
    development and for the ant builds.

    But I have tried THREE TIMES since the new beta for Eclipse 3.0 came
    out... each time, I have installation problems. The latest problems
    are:

    WOLips Profiling (1.1.0.82) requires plug-in
    "jmechanic.eclipse.profiler".
    WOLips Tests (1.1.0.82) requires plug-in
    "org.objectstyle.wolips.datasets".

    I have BOTH of these required plug ins installed in the Eclipse
    directory. The jmechanic plug in was installed according to the
    directions included with the distribution. The WOLips plug in is part
    of the WOLips feature set, which I was able to successfully install.

    2.

    Does WOLips include a project layout and a WOProject build style for a
    Java client or D2JC? I couldn't find one. I presume I could "fake" it
    by creating a plain old Application project, but this apparent lack is
    a compelling reason to stay with Xcode.

    Otherwise, I'm looking forward to a working product.

    Cheers,

    Benjamin Doherty