Re: INSTALL PROBLEMS: WOLips 1.1.0.82 b3 / Eclipse 3.0.1 / Mac OS X 10.3.5+all updates

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 01:28:27 EDT

    Hi Benjamin,

    Am 20.10.2004 um 05:52 schrieb Benjamin J Doherty:

    > WOLips Profiling (1.1.0.82) requires plug-in
    > "jmechanic.eclipse.profiler".
    > WOLips Tests (1.1.0.82) requires plug-in
    > "org.objectstyle.wolips.datasets".
    >
    > I have BOTH of these required plug ins installed in the Eclipse
    > directory. The jmechanic plug in was installed according to the
    > directions included with the distribution. The WOLips plug in is part
    > of the WOLips feature set, which I was able to successfully install.

    Jmechanic on the Mac doesn't really work anyway and you don't need the
    tests. So you can just uncheck them and install only the WOLips Plugin
    itself.

    > Does WOLips include a project layout and a WOProject build style for a
    > Java client or D2JC? I couldn't find one. I presume I could "fake"
    > it by creating a plain old Application project, but this apparent lack
    > is a compelling reason to stay with Xcode.

    I don't have the dev-stuff installed here, but I'd guess that JC is
    only another .jar and and a .jnlp file. You'd need to create the jnlp
    by examining an existing project and the jar by tweaking the ant script
    to leave out the client files from app and instead build a jar.

    > Otherwise, I'm looking forward to a working product.

    Whatever happened to the good old DIY?-) In your place, I'd not wait
    for someone else to do it...probably not gonna happen as JC isn't
    really much in use.

    Cheers, Anjo