Re: EOModels in Subdirectories

From: Guido Neitzer (guido.neitze..harmaline.de)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 16:50:35 EST

    Chuck Hill wrote:

    > Where are the prototypes? I'm not clear: the model is in a framework
    > which is in a subdirectory of the application?

    I have a few projects in Eclipse (all in the starting phase - I'm not yet
    sure whether I will use Eclipse).

    One is a framework only with the EOPrototypes, another a framework with a
    lot of convenience stuff, and then some related things: project one (not
    only an Eclipse project, its a company wide project), which will be in the
    end 4 or 5 applications and a few frameworks, and project two (also not
    only an Eclipse project) with the same amount of Eclipse projects.

    Currently I'm not sure how to organize all that. I miss the "groups" from
    Xcode, where I can arrange stuff logically without drawbacks with
    EOModeler or WOBuilder.

    Currently the projects are organized in this way:

    Eclipse-Workspace
        EOPrototypes
        ConvenienceFramework
        EOFrameworkProjOne
        AppOneProjOne
        AppTwoProOne

    And so on. I'm trying to get some things out of my way so I'm packaging
    java classes, try to move components, try to move EOModels.

    The prototypes model is in the root of the EOPrototypesFramework, the
    other models are in the root folders of other projects. When I move them
    to a folder, the prototypes in EOModeler are gone, but the application
    works (as long as I have seen it - I'm at home now, the whole stuff is on
    my Mac in the office).

    All this stuff seems pretty complicated to me in Eclipse. I'm absolutely
    not happy with it. On the other side I love Eclipse for its performance
    with Java code (code completion, hints, ...).

    cug