Re: EOModels in Subdirectories

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 19:28:04 EST

    Hi Guido,

    You have to think about project organization differently under
    Eclipse. Rather than using "grouping so I don't have to look at it",
    Eclipse uses "filter this out so I don't have to look at it". :-)

    There are two areas to look at in this. Both are accessed via the drop
    down black arrow in the upper right of the Navigator and Package
    explorer panes.

    One is the Working Set. This controls which projects are visible in
    these panes. Even if a project is not visible, it will still be part
    of the build. You can have as many Working Sets as you need and switch
    between them for a view appropriate to the task at hand.

    The other thing to look at is Filters. This allows you to show or hide
    specific files. Don't want to see the API files? Swish. They are
    gone. Don't want to be distracted by property files and plist files?
    Flick them away.

    Between the two of these you can setup a fairly focused perspective.

    As for the prototypes, I'dd guess that either the Folder is getting
    replicated into the build product, or something in the PB.project file
    was not updated properly.

    Chuck

    --
    Practical WebObjects - a book for intermediate WebObjects developers
    who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects, or those