Funky Generated Classpath

From: Kimball Larsen (kimbal..imballlarsen.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 11:09:45 EST

    We have several applications that depend on a mutli-level set of
    frameworks. For example:
    Application A
        -> Framework A
        -> Framework B
        -> Framework C
           -> Framework D
              -> Framework E
        -> Framework F

    We would expect that if we were to include Framework C in our
    application, as long as it exposes D and E, we would not have to import
    D and E as well, just the parent framework C.

    Did I lose everyone yet?

    Let's call the framework we wish to import "Base". Base includes
    several other frameworks - "Logging" and "Utils", for example.

    When I set Base as a required project on the build path using the latest
    of both WOLips and Eclipse, I still have to include Logging and Utils
    separately.

    Is this the way it is supposed to be?

    Thanks!

    -- Kimball