Eclipse Keeps on rebuilding...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 21:12:19 EST

    Hi,

    I was _so_ hoping that RC would fix this but, for me, it did not. I've
    also built 1.1.0.92 from CVS and the results are the same. This only
    happens with a plug that I wrote that wraps an external process. I'm quite
    willing to believe that it is a bug in my poorly written plugin, but I'm
    not sure where to look.

    To test this I have:
    1. Created a new Eclipse installation (tried both 3.01 and the 3.1 stable
    build)
    2. Created a new plain old Java project, added one class with one method
    that has an error that my plugin will catch
    3. Activated my plugin for this project and started a build.

    The build starts, my plugin shows the error in the Console and the build
    stops as it should. I then

    2. Created a new WOLips project (WOApplication), added to Application one
    method that has an error that my plugin will catch
    4. Started a build (note that my plugin is not active for this project at
    this point).

    The build starts and finihses shortly.

    5. Activated my plugin for this project and started a build.

    The build starts, my plugin shows the error in the Console and the build
    starts, my plugin shows the error in the Console and the build starts, my
    plugin shows the error in the Console and the build starts, my plugin shows
    the error in the Console and the build starts... :-)

    I'm throwing a CoreException to signal that the build should stop and I've
    tried somee other exception and both the monitor and BuildManager to stop!
    but to no avail. The only thing that works is System.exit(1). Grin.

    Any suggestions on what I may be doing that is not playing nicely with
    WOLips or, if the problem lies in WOLips, where I might look for it? I've
    scanned the builders and nothing jumped out at me.

    Cheers,
    Chuck