Re: Eclipse Keeps on rebuilding...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 13:49:30 EST

    Hi Ulrich,

    Thanks for the reply.

    At 01:48 PM 21/11/2004 +0100, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >Moin Chuck,
    >
    >is your plugin touching files during the build? (Create, modify or
    >delete). If the answer is Ja. You've created the loop.

    Yes, it creates or modifies up to one file per Java source file.

    I'm not sure that your explanation is correct. The loop only occurs when I
    detect a processing error in my plugin and throw a CoreException to signal
    that the build should terminate. If there is no error, and the new .java
    files are create properly, then the build runs and terminates normally with
    no looping. It is something related to what happens when the CoreException
    is thrown that triggers the eternal rebuild.

    Does that suggest anything else?

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    --