Re: Troubles With JBOSS Deploy : WOLips 1.1.0.90/Eclipse 3.0.1 /JBoss 4.0.0

From: Benjamin J Doherty (bj..obox.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 12:31:15 EST

    James Seigel wrote:

    > Newbie question here.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone could give a tiny tutorial on how to
    > successfully build a hello world app, and deploy it to jboss and have
    > it run?

    James!

    I have JUST the thing you're looking for because I presented it at CAWUG
    last Tuesday, but unfortunately I've sent my iBook for repair, and so I
    do not have immediate access to the file.

    My suggestions would be:

    Don't use JBoss 4. Use JBoss 3.2.6. It works, and if you don't know
    that you need 4.0.0, you probably don't need it at all.

    My notes are specific to Xcode users, so it might not be helpful to
    you. But if you want to read them and augment them with what you learn
    in your trial and error, we could probably put all of it up on WODev for
    everyone's edification.

    Cheers,

    Benjamin in Chicago
    bj..obox.com